Friday, December 3, 2010

The Book of Mormon is True


As a young man, raised in the Mormon faith, and taught to believe as I was, I used to take for granted the doctines I had learned.
But members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are always taught to pray about what they learn, and to seek the truth from God.
I remember when I first began to seriously search to find the truth in my life. And although I had been immersed in it since I was a child, I had never fully internalized it, and I had never fully recognized how important it is in my life until I prayed sincerely to know.
I read the Book of Mormon. I prayed about it.

Now I know that it is true.

As a missionary, the Book of Mormon has become one of my greatest tools. At the end of the Book, there is a promise, well known by the members of the Church:

"And when ye shall receive these things (The Book of Mormon), I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

The promise is compelling. Anyone who sincerely asks to know, having read and pondered it, will know that it is true.

Consider also this counsel from the Bilble:
 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:"

The Book of Mormon does indeed confess that Jesus Christ "is come in the flesh" and that He is the Savior of the world.
I have witnessed so many times now, how, as people I've met have read the Book of Mormon, they've changed. There is a light that comes into their lives. There is a clarity of purpose. There is a deeper understanding. There is a peace that comes into their lives. I have felt this in my life, and I continue to feel so, as I read.
I would invite all people to read the Book of Mormon. You can order a free Book of Mormon online if you don't have one. I would appreciate any comments from those who have read the Book of Mormon, telling us how it has influenced your life.
To learn more, visit www.mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. What do you think?