Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Mission

When I received my call to serve in the Montana Billings Mission, I said, "Oh. Montana." Now, after having served for two years in this incredible country, after having sacrificed all that I have to help others come unto Christ in this most beautiful place, I say in my heart, "Oh, Montana..."
Serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has changed my life.
I was called to the Montana Billings Mission on December 12th, 2008. I began my mission March 11th, 2009. I am about to conclude my mission on March 17th, 2011.
I started in Livingston, Montana, and from there I went to Riverton, Wyoming. Next came Miles City Montana, and then Townsend, Montana. I was transferred north to Kalispell, Montana, and last of all, down to Billings, Montana.
In the next few articles, I will be talking about my experiences in each of these areas. I want to do this justice, but I recognize that blogging just never could do a mission experience justice. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the pictures and experiences to follow. See the "My Montana Mission" tab at the top of this blog where everything will be compiled together.

4 comments:

  1. Alma in the Book of Mormon talks about his mission experience in the land of Mormon. If I might "liken" that scripture, Mosiah 18:30, to the missionaries serving in this great state:

    "And now it came to pass that all this was done in Montana, yea, by the waters of Montana, in the forest that was near the waters of Montana; yea, the place of Montana, the waters of Montana, the forest of Montana, how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how
    blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever."

    I think this explains why all missionaries love the land of their mission so much, because it is there that we really come to know our Redeemer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read upcoming posts about your mission. I'm even MORE excited to see you in 3 weeks. Love you little brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited, and nervous to come home too. I'm also a little nervous about trying to put my mission experiences into words. But I hope that those who know me will remember the times we had, and that those who don't will feel the Spirit as they read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elder Lanham, we wish you the best when you go home from your mission and continue on in your life. Always remember what you have learned and who you have met. Always remember the Lord and the many blessings that he has given us. I really enjoyed reading the conversion stories.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. What do you think?