Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mission Mix

Made a mix of music from my mission that I still love to listen to today. I've spread the mix around to some friends, and I decided that, at least for their benefit, I would write a series on why each song is on the mix and what it means to me. So without further ado, let the intro music begin:



Here is the mix:

1. "God be with You till we Meet Again" David Tolk
2. "All Time, All Things, All Places" Chad Neth
3. "Come, Thou Fount" Artist Unknown (Got it from someone else, and can't track down the original)
4. "Do What is Right" Lex de Azevedo
5. "Won't You be My Love" MercyMe
6. "The Witnesses" Rob Gardner
7. "Come See the Light" Freddie Ashby
8. "August's Rhapsody" August Rush (Cut to just the last section)
9. "Rest" Nevertheless
10. "Come, Ye Disconsolate" Freddie Ashby
11. "Redeemer" Paul Cardall
12. "Not My Will" Michael McLean
13. "Our Savior's Love" John Schmidt
14. "Homeward Bound" William Joseph
15. "Finally Home" MercyMe
16. "Wherever You Go" Jim Brickman


I'll probably do three posts with five or six songs on each. If there are youtube videos available, I will post them. Most all of these songs can be sampled or bought on the iTunes Store. The only one I can't find, and therefore must admit I don't actually own, is Come, Thou Fount. I have no idea where it came from or how to get it. But I love it.

I have listened to this mix so many times, it's not funny. I love this music! That's saying a lot because I don't have much music, and I don't often listen to it either.


2 comments:

  1. I hear Come thou fount of every blessing all the time on Pandora. It's on YouTube too.

    .Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_Thou_Fount_of_Every_Blessing
    Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing is a Christian hymn written by the 18th century pastor and hymnist Robert Robinson. Robert Robinson penned the words at ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there are so many versions. The one that is my favorite, and the one I included on the mix, has eluded me since I got home. It was on the mission home computers, and that is where I first acquired it. But even there it was not labeled back to its source.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. What do you think?