Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hope


Hope gives us the power to endure the challenges of life.
Life is hard. Life is a test.
The gospel is simple.
We only have two choices:

Follow Christ, and have peace, power, light, and joy;
or go some other way,
any other way,
whatever other way,
and go it alone, in confusion and emptiness.

This perspective can greatly simply our lives. I know that if we choose to follow the things we know are right, we will be happy. If we choose not to, we will be unhappy.

Occasionally in life, the actions of others, our honest mistakes, or just the natural events around us can cause severe strain and difficulty. We may have little to do with the cause of our problem.
But our response to difficulty is still entirely up to us.

The Savior of the world understands the challenges we face. He knows how hard it can be to stay positive during distress, or to smile when we're depressed, or to reach out when we desperately need others to reach in and help us. How incredible it is to know that there is always Someone who understands.

Hope gives us the power to endure the challenges of life. Instead of getting beaten down, we can grow and learn if we face our trials with hope. My hope comes because I know that my Heavenly Father forgives me when I sincerely change. My hope comes because I know that Christ lives today, and that He is in control. My hope comes because I know that there is life after death, and because I know that I will be with my family after I die.

This video is powerful. I invite you to watch it. Pay attention to how you feel.
The full gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth today, and is found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. To learn more, visit mormon.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. What do you think?