Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tough Week


---
I've been thinking a lot about my mission experience recently. I've been serving for twenty months. I return home to Orem, Utah in March. It is dificult to describe my mission. It has meant so much to me. Serving the Lord has changed my life in so many ways.
Every day, I meet new people. I've encountered what seems like every situation, yet each new person I meet has a new unique story.
This last week was one of the toughest I have had. Every individual we contacted, in one way or another, discontinued their connection with us.
It's not that it's rough to get rejected, but that I feel the loss in others' lives because they've turned away from the best opportunity to change their lives and have more joy.
I know that we are all children of God. He is our Heavenly Father, and He loves us. He wants us all to feel secure and to have joy.
When we learn about how God has brought the truth again to the earth, and that there is an actual organization on the earth that teaches that full truth, it gives us great stability. Knowing there is a prophet, called by God and given authority to do what he's been asked by God to do, gives us confidence.
The true testimony of Jesus Christ and His mission gives us joy.
This video explains very concisely the message that I share with people every day.
Despite a rough week, I'm not forgetting the message that has changed my life, and the lives of millions in our time.
Please post any comments you may have; I'd love to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. What do you think?