Sunday, October 9, 2011

Billings

I served as a missionary in Billings, Montana about one year ago, and spent six months there. Just as a disclaimer, it is impossible to talk about that experience comprehensively in a blog format. I kept a detailed journal and took lots of pictures, but I don't feel it's necessary to talk about the experience in detail. Suffice it to say, it was one of the greatest times of my life. I learned more about myself, others, and the gospel than at any other time in my life. I think it would almost be a shame to try to describe it all in detail. I had many sacred experiences, and also many terrible days. But altogether, when I think about my time in Billings, Montana, I am filled with gratitude and awe at the miracles and mercies that God showed to me and to those I was able to help.
There are so many faces that pass through my mind when I think about Billings. There were so many wonderful members of the Church, and so many investigators. There were those who were baptized, and those who slammed the door in my face. I can still remember details of streets and houses, and when I look at a map, memories flood back as I scan over the different areas I've been. It was 24/7, consecrated work with one purpose: to invite others to come unto Christ.
I decided I like the prezi idea, so I made another presentation for Billings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. What do you think?